Your contribution will be used to support the Forestry Commission in its management of Bedgebury as a world-class centre of conifer research, conservation and education, as a landscape of rare and endangered flora and fauna, and as a site for high quality, healthy recreation.
In pursuit of these objectives, the charity will consider funding to support:
- travel to study and collect plant material for Bedgebury and associated arboreta and gardens,
- Forestry Commission publications and activities for research, education and public engagement,
- school visits,
- student work experience at Bedgebury on Pinetum-related activities,
- enhancement of public understanding about Bedgebury,
- improvement of the visitor experience at Bedgebury through projects, events and activities,
- facilities to promote participation in healthy recreation.
Communication with our members:
Each new edition of the Friends of Bedgebury Pinetum's bi-annual magazine (containing the latest information on most aspects of Bedgebury) is issued by e-mail to our members. It will also be available to download from here. If you would prefer to receive a paper version, please just pop into the Friends office at the Visitor Centre and collect a copy of the current edition.
If you do not receive an e-mail copy of the magazine from us, it is because we do not hold your current
e-mail address. If this is the case, please contact us on 01580 879842 to ensure that we are able to
contact you about your membership and events and activities here in Bedgebury in the future.
Thank you for continuing to support the important environmental, educational and conservation work
undertaken in the National Pinetum. As a valued member of the Friends you can also support this
work by attending events, volunteering in the Pinetum or by becoming a Trustee.